Can't Find What You're Looking For?
If you can't find the item you're looking for in our catalog, residents of the Library's taxing district can complete the Interlibrary Loan request form and we will do our best to find it for you.
Please note that there is a limit of 5 active ILL requests per person.
- There is a limit of 5 active ILL requests per library cardholder.
- Items requested take at least 2 weeks to obtain, and we are unable to guarantee arrival time.
- The loan period for each item is based on our due date to the lending library.
- A library cardholder may request a title no more than four times per year.
- If the item is out of print, not easily replaced, or in fragile condition, we reserve the right to make the item In-Library Use Only. This means the item must be read in the library.
How to Place an ILL Request
- Check our catalog first. If we own an item, it cannot be borrowed using Interlibrary Loan.
- If we don't own the item, proceed to Submit ILL Request and log in with your library card number and PIN.
- Click on the WorldCat.org link.
- Select the Books tab and enter your search term(s).
- Select your book and view the libraries owning a copy based on your zip code. If LVCCLD is not listed, the item can be requested using Interlibrary Loan.
- Review the item details to ensure this is the item you want. Please pay special attention to the Edition/Format field. This tells you the format of the item. For example, large print, regular book, etc.
- Once you have found your book in WorldCat, enter the author's name, title of the book, place and date of publication, ISBN (if applicable), and the OCLC number in the Book Request form.
- Enter a date by which you need the item (if applicable). Remember, it will take at least 2-3 weeks, and sometimes up to 6 weeks to obtain the item.
- Click Submit This Request.
- If an email address is included in the request form, an email confirmation that the request was received will be sent.
Currently, Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests are not visible on our website, but you can view your processed requests or ILL items you have checked out by logging in to our Classic Catalog here.
Any Las Vegas-Clark County Library District resident
- with a valid, unexpired library card
- whose account shows no overdue items
- and owes less than $10 in fines or fees
may use the Library District's Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service.
Borrowers who are not Las Vegas-Clark County Library District residents should submit their requests directly to their own Library District. They may request ILL services from the Las Vegas-Clark County Library District, but they
- will be charged a $25-per-item non-refundable fee
- must agree to pay any additional fees assessed by the lending institution
- will be subject to the same eligibility requirements as residents (listed above)
- Books, conference proceedings, and dissertations
- Photocopies of newspaper and magazine articles
- Some reference and genealogical materials but only if the lending library will lend them